The dynamic background is an animation effect layer in the Turn Off the Lights browser extension. It creates some movement on the static web page. For example, it can show you stars on the web page or even clouds. Default is this feature disabled for the new users but you can easily enable this in the Turn Off the Lights options page. It works on all websites with YouTube included.
That Dynamic Background layer is a layer with much movement. And under this animated layer, you will see the dark layer of the Turn Off the Lights extension (with the video player on top). You choose between a total of five effects inside. Here is a brief overview of the elements:
- Aquarium: It shows you a small bubble coming from down your screen to the top of your screen. And is widely spread over the whole screen.
- Blocks: Pulse of a random block around your screen. Kindly like fish reaching the water’s surface but here it’s a square block going up, and then disappearing.
- Raindrops: Rain that falls from top to down your screen.
- Cloud: Random clouds show up in all kinds of situations.
- Space: Here it looks like you have over the wheel of a spaceship and drive yourself into space with all the stars around you.
How to enable this Dynamic Background?
Default is this feature disabled, but you can enable this in the Turn Off the Lights options page.
- Make sure you have installed the latest and free Turn Off the Lights browser extension in your favorite web browser
- Click right on the gray lamp button, and select the menu item Options
- The Turn Off the Lights Options page shows up on the “Basics” tab. Just below the preview, you can choose the tab “Dynamic Background”
How to enable the Rain effects
How to change to any Dynamic background?
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.