Bitbucket is a Git-based source code repository hosting service owned by Atlassian. Bitbucket offers both commercial plans and free accounts with an unlimited number of private repositories. That is created by Jesper Noehr and is written in Python. The first public launch was on the date 2008.
Free and Open-Source
Activate Bitbucket Dark Mode with the free browser extension
For regular desktop internet users, you can get also this Bitbucket Night Mode version on your favorite web browser. That with the Night Mode option in the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension. Follow the steps here below on how to enable this free solution in your web browser:
In addition, you can customize the website background, text, and hyperlink colors. So you can make it personal to your night theme style.
Most Customizable Night Options
Above all, on the Turn Off the Lights Options page, you can customize each color in the Night Theme, which includes the background, the text, and hyperlink. In addition, there is one single night profile for all websites. That makes the website authentic and coherent together as in the regular light white website stylesheet.
Also, you can customize the Night Mode from the new and useful double-click menu. When you click double on the gray lamp button, you will get a popup window to customize the current dark layer. But when you tap on the 2nd icon (the Night Mode), you can control live his background, text, and hyperlink.
And at last, you as a user can enable the trackpad gesture. So with a long press, you can convert the current web page to Night Mode. And press again, to disable it.
Site Access (only to Bitbucket Dark Mode)
Turn Off the Lights browser extension take your privacy very seriously, and you set up this browser extension to only allow the Bitbucket website. Here are the steps on how to activate this feature
- Open the chrome://extensions page and search for Turn Off the Lights
- Click on the button Details to open the detailed information about this Chrome extension
- Search for the section Site Access, and click on the selection box to the menu item “On specific sites“
- A new popup panel shows up, and type now this URL in the text box “https://www.bitbucket.com“
- When you are done, click on the blue Add button to close this panel
So now the Bitbucket Dark Mode website works only on this website URL, and not on all the other websites. Such as on YouTube, Vimeo, Amazon shopping, internet banking, etc. websites.
Hope that answers one of your questions about the Bitbucket Dark Mode:
- Activate dark mode for Bitbucket desktop
- How do I make Bitbucket Black?
- Is there a dark mode for Bitbucket?
- How to enable dark mode for Bitbucket?
- How to download the Bitbucket dark mode Chrome extension?
- Get the Bitbucket dark mode 2022?
If you find it useful to get your Bitbucket in Dark Mode, then you can share the link on Facebook or share the link on Twitter. So your family, friends, or colleagues can know about this handy free tool.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.