When you install the Turn Off the Lights extension in your browser and click on the gray lamp icon. It dims the web page and highlights the video player if there is one on this web page. However, the lights back on when I click. But now you want the dark layer to stay there also if you click on this layer. That is possible, you need only to enable the click-through mouse action feature (code name: Superman) in the Turn Off the Lights options page.
The solution to disable the lights back on when I click
Follow these steps here below to enable this feature in your web browser. And don’t forget if you want to back the clear web page you must click again on the gray lamp button in your toolbar.
- Click right on the gray lamp button
- And click options to open the Turn Off the Lights options page
- Click on the 3rd tab Advanced Options
- Scroll until you see the topic Mouse, and enable the radio button Enable clicking hyperlinks when the screen is darkened
- Restart now your web browser
- Go to YouTube or another website. Click on the gray lamp icon. Now you can click through this dark layer. Want it back to the normal view of this website. Click again on the gray lamp icon in your browser.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.