The 4chan website has never created a dark mode or night mode feature that is comfortable for your eyes. However, you can get a good night page with the free and open-source Turn Off the Lights browser extension solution. Then you get this 4chan dark theme web page, such as this screenshot here below.
The 4chan Night mode that is more enjoyable for your eyes. But this what you now see as a regular user sees. That without any browser extension installed. And that is too bright for your eyes.
The solution to enable 4chan dark mode
However, you can use the free Turn Off the Lights browser extension. That will enable the night mode on all websites, and that includes the 4chan website.
- Download the Turn Off the Lights browser extension
- Click right on the gray lamp button, and select the menu item Options
- Select the Night Mode tab, and enable the first checkbox
From the Double click menu, or better know as the mini settings page you can also enable this Night Mode feature.
- Download the Turn Off the Lights browser extension. If the gray lamp button is not installed in your web browser
- Click double on the gray lamp button
- From the popup window choose the 2th tab, and enable the first checkbox.
Furthermore, you can customize the background color, text color, and all the hyperlinks color to your own favorite color. That all from the Turn Off the Lights Options page.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.