It is very easy to get a new Chrome extension in your personal Google Chrome web browser. So, to know on how you can install a Chrome extension, follow the steps here below:
- Visit the official Chrome web store
- Choose a Chrome extension in the store, such as the free Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension
- Select the Add to Chrome button
- Select Add extension in the confirmation box
Now you have the Chrome extension installed in your Google Chrome web browser. And most Chrome extensions
Chrome extension Developer Method
If you want to know how to install Chrome extensions manually. Then you can use the Developer mode. However, the developer mode is only recommended to create and debug your Chrome extension. Therefore, it is not allowed to use for daily use in your Chrome web browser.
- Download the CRX file to your computer for the Chrome extension you want to install.
- Open your Google Chrome web browser.
- Go to chrome://extensions/ and check the box for Developer mode in the top right.
- Click on the “Load unpacked” button, and go to the location of this content of this CRX file. And click on the OK button to install that Chrome extension.
How to load CRX files in Chrome Install FAQ
Is the installation proces of install a CRX the same for all web browsers?
Yes, the steps are the same for all Chromium web browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi, Yandex, etc. However, Firefox use not the Chromium engine and you can not install the CRX file in that web browser.
Can I republish the CRX file on my website?
No, CRX are protected by the DMCA and it is best to download the official Chrome extensions from the Chrome web store.
Can I change the files and recreate the CRX file?
No, that will lose the signed verification and you then can not install this CRX file in your Chromium web browser.
How can I see the files in the CRX file?
The CRX is a zip file. If you change the file extension from CRX to ZIP. You can unzip it to a folder and browse the files as a regular ZIP file.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.