If you have any problems that the app does not want to save his settings. Or you want in addition want to start with a fresh settings profile. A full reset of the “Turn Off the Lights for Desktop” Mac app is possible with this manually steps. Therefore follow the instruction steps here below this image on how to reset the Mac app settings.
Reset the Mac app settings
Follow the steps here below on how you can reset the Mac app settings:
1. Firstly, remove the Mac app from your application folder. Then to do this, open your Launchpad.
2. So look for the app “Turn Off the Light for Desktop“. Click and hold on it till the icon starts jiggling.
3. Now you see a gray cross visible in the left corner. Click on it, and confirm your action for deleting this app on your Mac computer.
4. a) Open now this folder in your finder:
b) And remove all the files in this folder
5. a) Open now this folder in your finder:
b) Then remove the file started with “com.stefanvd.Turn-Off-the-Lights-for-Desktop“.
6. a) Open now this folder in your finder:
b) And remove the file started with “com.stefanvd.Turn-Off-the-Lights-for-Desktop“.
7. a) Open now this folder in your finder:
b) And remove the folder started with “com.stefanvd.Turn-Off-the-Lights-for-Desktop“.
8. Restart your Mac computer
9. Finally, reinstall now the Turn Off the Lights for Desktop by going to the Mac App Store. Then type the product name in the search box or by clicking on this direct link to the Mac App Store.
In addition, the steps for the “Turn Off the Lights for Desktop” Mac app works also for the “Aurora Player” Mac app. That is from the same developer of this high-quality application.
And if you still experience this issue, do not hesitate to contact us from the Turn Off the Lights Support form, we are here to help you. So you get the best and most comfortable experience on your personal device.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.