Why YouTube is not working on Chrome? There are many elements that can create this issue in your Google Chrome web browser. Follow the steps here below to get this issue resolved today in your browser.
Solution why YouTube is not working on Chrome
Update web browser
You are maybe using an old Chrome web browser version. To check if you are using the latest version, open the about page.
- Open your Google Chrome web browser
- Click on the 3 dots icon
- And select the Help menu item, and then About Google Chrome
It will then automatically check the version you are currently using. And download and install automatically the latest Google Chrome version.
It is possible that you are using a Chrome extension that tries to manipulate the YouTube website. And block part or the whole website. For example, an adblocker Chrome extension can block and remove items on the web page.
- Try to disable all the Chrome extensions you are using in your Chrome web browser. Open your Google Chrome web browser
- At the top right, click 3 dots icon and then More Tools and then Extensions
- Click on the Remove button, for each Chrome extension in the list
- Then refresh the YouTube website
note: The Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension does not interface with the YouTube website. It only works when you click on the gray lamp button. Then it will add the dark layer to the current web page.
Check you are the use the latest antivirus update from your security software. As a test, you can disable temporarily your security software to see if this solves the issue or not.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.