Table of Contents
Why YouTube is not working on Chrome? Or why do I see a blank page? There are many elements that can create this issue in your Google Chrome web browser. Follow the steps below to get this issue resolved today in your browser.
What is Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is a popular web browser developed by Google Inc. It was first released in September 2008 and has since become one of the most widely used web browsers globally.
Solution why YouTube is not working on Chrome
There are many reasons why YouTube is not working on Chrome. Here is an overview:
Update web browser
You may maybe using an old Chrome web browser version. To check if you are using the latest version, open the Chrome About page.
- Open your Google Chrome web browser
- Click on the 3 dots icon
- And select the Help menu item, and then About Google Chrome
It will then automatically check the version you are currently using. And download and install automatically the latest Google Chrome version.
If YouTube is not working on Chrome. It is possible that you are using a Chrome extension that tries to manipulate the YouTube website. And block part or the whole website. For example, an adblocker Chrome extension can block and remove items on the web page.
- Try to disable all the Chrome extensions you are using in your Chrome web browser. Open your Google Chrome web browser
- At the top right, click the 3 dots icon then More Tools, and then Extensions
- Click on the Remove button, for each Chrome extension in the list
- Then refresh the YouTube website
Note: The Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension does not interface with the YouTube website. It only works when you click on the gray lamp button. Then it will add the dark layer to the current web page.
Cookies and cache
To remove cookies and cache in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome: Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Access the Chrome Menu: Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the browser window. This will open the Chrome menu.
- Go to Settings: From the Chrome menu, hover over “More tools,” and in the submenu that appears, click on “Clear browsing data.” This will open the Clear browsing data window.
- Choose Data to Clear: In the Clear browsing data window, you can select the data types you want to clear. To remove cookies and cache, make sure the following options are checked:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Set Time Range: You can choose the time range for the data you want to clear. You can select options like “Last hour,” “Last 24 hours,” “Last 7 days,” or “All time.” If you want to remove all cookies and cache, select “All time.”
- Clear Data: Once you’ve made your selections, click the “Clear data” button. Chrome will then start removing the selected data.
- Confirmation: After a few moments, Chrome will confirm that the selected data has been cleared.
And could solve the issue with YouTube is not working on Chrome.
Check you are using the latest antivirus update from your security software. As a test, you can disable temporarily your security software to see if this solves the issue or not.
Disable any other software on your computer that uses a proxy or network to browse the internet. Some VPN connections can cause issues, preventing the display of certain website domains due to their terms of service.
If you have any questions about YouTube is not working on Chrome, or you need help. Please do not hesitate to contact us on the email support page. And we are happy to help you. So you can get the best video and web experience in your favorite web browser.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.