If you recently installed the “Turn Off the Lights” Edge extension on your Microsoft Edge web browser, and you don’t see the two welcome pages. Furthermore, the gray lamp button doesn’t dim the web page such as on YouTube. Then there is a software on your Windows computer that blocks our extension scripts and probably your other Microsoft Edge extensions too.
Solution to Fix the Edge Extension
Disable the other Edge extensions
If it possible that this is caused by another installed Edge extension in your Microsoft Edge web browser. So try the instruction steps here below in your Microsoft Edge web browser that will solve this issue:
- Open your Microsoft Edge web browser
- Open the options sidebar from the three dots menu
- Click on the blue link extensions
- You see an overview of all the installed extensions and disable the Edge extensions you are using one by one except the Turn Off the Lights Edge extension
- Restart your Microsoft Edge web browser, and open then a website such as www.microsoft.com
Uninstall this software on your Windows 10 computer
This is a know software list that creates a problem with the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension. The solution to getting this browser extension working is to uninstall this software from your Windows computer.
- Advanced systemcare from iobit.com
Make sure you are using the latest Edge version
It is also possible you are using a previous or a very old Microsoft Edge version. And that can cause incompatibility with the Edge extension. You can solve this by checking in the Windows Update you are using the latest Windows 10 version. And in your Microsoft Edge web browser, open the about page to check for the latest version.
- Open Microsoft Edge web browser
- Click on the three dots menu
- In the menu Help, click on the menu item About Microsoft Edge
- Now it will automatically check for updates, and install it direct the latest version from the internet