Night Mode is a popular feature in the Turn Off the Lights browser extension that inverts the white background and black font color on the current web page. This works on all websites such as on YouTube, Google Search, New York Times, etc.
Night Mode feature
This thing is to make sure you have installed the Turn Off the Lights extension in your web browser. That is available on this homepage. This feature is for all browsers. Below are the instructions for the following web browser Google Chrome, Opera and Firefox. For how to get and enable this feature in your browser:
- Open your web browser
- Click right on the gray lamp button
- And select Options to open the Turn Off the Lights options page.
- Click the 4th Night Mode tab
- Enable (or disable) the first checkbox Night Mode to see (not) the switch on all websites
If you are a Safari user, then the steps are almost the same as the previous browser but here the full steps plan for how to get and enable the Night Mode feature in your Safari browser:
- Open your Safari browser
- Click on Safari – Preference
- Open the tab Extensions
- Click on the extension name Turn Off the Lights
- Enable the checkbox, to open the options.html web page
- Click on Night Mode tab
- Enable (or disable) the first checkbox
- And restart your Safari browser
In the Turn Off the Lights options page, you have also the possibility to enable this feature only for on the YouTube website or other websites.