It’s one of the Turn Off the Lights feature that detects the Adobe Flash video players on the current web page. And push automatically all the Flash objects on top of the dark layer, when you click on the gray lamp button in the omnibox or workbar. It’s a feature that is engineered and designed to get a detect the video player better and faster.
Flash Detection Level
There are two kinds of levels of the Flash Detection in this feature:
- The basic, this search for inside the web page, and highlight only the Flash objects that come from this website address.
- The hard way, this disable all ads URL checks and Embed Video Player
The Flash Detection feature is one on the key engine of the ‘video intelligent detection’ that makes it works on all video websites. That with the embed video player on other websites such as JW Player, Silverlight.
Enable the Flash Detection feature
Default is this feature disable in the Turn Off the Lights options page, but you can enable it by following the instructions here below:
- Open your web browser.
- Click right on the gray lamp icon.
- And click on “Options” to open the Turn Off the Lights options page.
- Open then the “Advanced Options” tab.
- On the top of the web page you see the subject “Flash Detection”
- There you click the second or third option.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.