At the first installation, with default settings will the Turn Off the Lights browser extension only runs in the regular mode of your web browser. And it will not run in Private or Incognito mode by default.
Enable the extension in the incognito mode
Follow these instruction steps here below to shows the lamp button in the private mode of your web browser:
- Chrome: Go to chrome://extensions and enable the switch “Allow in incognito“
- Microsoft Edge: Go to edge://extensions and enable the switch “Allow in incognito“
- Opera 12: Click the Opera menu -> Extensions -> Manage Extensions -> Turn Off the Lights wrench -> Privacy, and check “Allow interaction with private tabs“
- Opera 15 or later: Go to opera://extensions and check ‘Allow in private mode’
- Firefox: no actions needed. Because already enabled for regular and private mode
- Safari: no actions needed. Because already enabled for regular and private mode
Important note for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, Brave web browser users: If you want to open the Turn Off the Lights Options page to customize your web and video experience. Then it will open the Options page in the regular window mode. So here you can change and save the settings of the Turn Off the Lights browser extension.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.