Do you want to keep the lights permanently off? For example on Google’s main page and even when you click on search item. You can do this with the free and most popular Turn Off the Lights Browser extension, and that with enabling the Eye Protection feature in the Turn Off the Lights Options.
The solution to keeping the lights permanently off
To enable this protection feature, follow the steps here below:
- Open the Turn Off the Lights options page, by clicking right on the gray lamp button
- And select the item Options from the context menu
- Click on the 3rd Advanced Options tab
- And scroll down until you see the topic Eye Protection. Enable the 2nd radio button with the following text description:
“to dims the web page automatically when you open a new tab or click on a link”
- Restart now your web browser
And to keep the dark transparent layer always active, you must enable this feature in the Turn Off the Lights Options page:
- Open the tab Advanced Options tab
- Scroll to the title Bulb
- And enable the radio button Enable clicking hyperlinks when the screen is darkened
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.