When you install the Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension for the first time, it will use default only the regular Chrome mode (that saves your history and cookies when you close the web browser). If you want to use the extension in Incognito Mode, follow these instructions steps on how to enable it for the Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension.
Important note: If you open the Turn Off the Lights Options page in your Chrome web browser. That will open in the regular Chrome mode window. This is to open the Turn Off the Lights Options page and to save the settings of your personal choice.
Enable the Incognito Mode
- Open the regular Chrome window
- Go to the Chrome extension page:
- Search for the Chrome extension product name “Turn Off the Lights” with the ID bfbmjmiodbnnpllbbbfblcplfjjepjdn.
- Click on the “Details” button, and enable the switch to “Allow in incognito mode“
- Open now your Chrome Incognito window, and the gray lamp button is visible in the toolbar.
Check also that you have the latest version of your Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. So this to have safe web browsing with the latest security update and improvements.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.