Must I update the Safari extension in Apple Safari web browser v9 and higher? No, Safari web browser download and install automatically all your extension updates. You as users must do nothing anymore, this safe your time for other enjoyable things like watching a YouTube video about cats.
Every month you get Turn Off the Lights Safari extension update through the Safari extension panel, this update contain improvement in the stability of this Safari extension. And as well an update of the translation from the Turn Off the Lights translation community.
Update the Safari extension
You can also update manually the Safari extension to the latest version this by following the steps here below:
- Open your Safari web browser from the Apple Dock menu
- In the Apple menu click on the item Safari
- Then click on the menu item Preference
- You see a new window show up on your screen, and click now on the Extensions tab
- Left you see all the installed Safari extensions, and just below this you see a button “Updates”. Click on this button to force the update.