Do you experience a slow Turn Off the Lights experience in your web browser? It is possible that when you enable the Dynamic Background feature in the Turn Off the Lights Options page, your internet web browser becomes slow. That is because some of the Dynamic Background features need more memory and use your video cart hardware to render this visual effect. Especially the Cloud and Space background, those will use your hardware (GPU process).
The Dynamic Background is a movable and vivid feature that brings animation on top of the dark layer. That creates a sense of smoothly and entertainment design.
Fix the slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension
1. Disable the other browser extensions
It is possible that other browser extensions created a conflict with the Turn Off the Lights browser extension. Try to disable the other browser extensions you are using one by one except Turn Off the Lights.
2. Disable certain features
To solve this issue, disable this feature on the Turn Off the Lights Options page. Or upgrade your desktop or laptop computer (Windows, Mac, Chromebook).
Minimum System requirement for the Dynamic Background feature:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM
- Video Cart 128 megabyte (MB) or higher
Also, we recommend you to you the most secure internet web browser. Such as Google Chrome, where you have the latest improvement as a browser engine to render and load a W3.org website. In addition to the web browser, make sure you have the latest operating system update installed on your computer. That for Mac, Windows, and Linux:
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
- Windows 10
- Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc
3. Reset settings
If you still experience this slow browsing experience in your web browser. Then try to reset your Turn Off the Lights browser extension by following the steps here below:
- Click right on the gray lamp button, and select the menu Options
- The Turn Off the Lights Options page shows up in a new tab, and click on the tab Advanced Options
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page, and click on the big button “Reset the Turn Off the Lights settings”
Hope that answer one of your questions about the slow browsing experience:
- Disable certain features to resolve the slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension
- How do I make slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension back fast?
If you find it useful to get your slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension back to the track, then you can share the link on Facebook or share the link on Twitter. So your family, friends, or colleges can know about this handy free tool.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.