Table of Contents
Do you experience a slow Turn Off the Lights experience in your web browser? It is possible that when you enable the Dynamic Background feature in the Turn Off the Lights Options page, your internet web browser becomes slow. That is because some of the Dynamic Background features need more memory and use your video card hardware to render this visual effect. Especially the Cloud and Space background, those will use your hardware (GPU process).
The Dynamic Background is a movable and vivid feature that brings animation on top of the dark layer. That creates a sense of smooth and entertaining design.
Fix the slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension
Here is an overview of all the actions you can take to solve the performance issue with the free and Open-Source Turn Off the Lights browser extension:
1. Disable the other browser extensions
Check if you are using the latest Google Chrome web browser version, that contains the latest fixes and performance for loading the internet. That is on your Mac, Windows, and Linux computer.
2. Disable the other browser extensions
It is possible that other browser extensions created a conflict with the Turn Off the Lights browser extension. Try to disable the other browser extensions you are using one by one except Turn Off the Lights.
3. Disable certain features
To solve this issue, disable this feature on the Turn Off the Lights Options page. Or upgrade your desktop or laptop computer (Windows, Mac, Chromebook).
Minimum System requirement for the Dynamic Background feature:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM
- Video Cart 128 megabytes (MB) or higher
Also, we recommend you to you the most secure internet web browser. Such as Google Chrome, where you have the latest improvements as a browser engine to render and load a W3.org website. In addition to the web browser, make sure you have the latest operating system update installed on your computer. That for Mac, Windows, and Linux:
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, 11, 12, 13, 14
- Windows 10, Windows 11
- Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc
4. Reset settings
If you still experience this slow browsing experience in your web browser. Then try to reset your Turn Off the Lights browser extension by following the steps below:
- Click right on the gray lamp button, and select the menu Options
- The Turn Off the Lights Options page shows up in a new tab, and click on the tab Advanced Options
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page, and click on the big button “Reset the Turn Off the Lights settings”
Now you know how to solve and improve your web performance when using your favorite web browser. So you can browser and load the lighting fast, and read comfortably your latest news on the web. So you do have not this slow turn off the lights experience when watching a YouTube video.
Hope that answers one of your questions about the slow browsing experience:
- Why is it slow turn off the lights today?
- Disable the slow turn off the lights features
- Disable certain features to resolve the slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension
- How do I make the slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension back fast?
- Where is the reset button of the Turn Off the Lights browser extension?
If you find it useful to get your slow Turn Off the Lights browser extension back on track, then you can share the link on Facebook or share the link on Twitter. So your family, friends, or colleagues can know about this handy free tool.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.