WeChat is a Chinese multi-purpose messaging, social media, and mobile payment app developed by Tencent. First released in 2011, it became the world’s largest standalone mobile app in 2018, with over 1 billion monthly active users. That is available in 17 languages. Here are the steps on how you can activate WeChat Dark Mode on all devices.
Mobile WeChat app iOS and Android
Follow the steps here below to activate WeChat Dark Mode on your personal iOS or Android device:
- Open the WeChat app
- And tap Me > Settings > General > Dark Mode
- Now enable the option Automatic
Note: When enabling “Automatic”, WeChat will switch dark mode on/off to match your system settings.
Activate WeChat Dark Mode with the free browser extension
For regular desktop internet users, you can get also this WeChat Night Mode version on your favorite web browser. That with the Night Mode option in the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension. Follow the steps here below on how to enable this free solution in your web browser:
- Download the Turn Off the Lights browser extension
- Click right on the gray lamp button and select Options in the menu item
- The Turn Off the Lights Options page shows up and select the tab Night Mode
- And enable here the Night switch or the long-press feature to activate the night mode on the current web page
In addition, you can customize the website background, text, and hyperlink colors. So you can make it personal to your night theme style.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.