Are you looking for Linux Dark Mode? Then you are on the correct help.
What is Linux?
Linux is a family of open-source Unix-like operating systems based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991, by Linus Torvalds. Linux is typically packaged in a Linux distribution and is written in C, Assembly language.
Activate Linux Dark Mode
Follow the steps here below to get activate Linux Dark Mode:
- Click the Appearance category in the Settings application.
- By default, Ubuntu uses the Standard window color theme with dark toolbars and light content panes.
- To activate Ubuntu’s dark mode, click Dark instead. To use a light mode without the dark toolbars, click Light instead.
Activate website in Dark Mode with the free browser extension
For regular desktop internet users, you can get also this Linux Night Mode version on your favorite web browser. That with the Night Mode option in the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension. Follow the steps here below on how to enable this free solution in your web browser:
- Download the Turn Off the Lights browser extension
- Click right on the gray lamp button and select Options in the menu item
- The Turn Off the Lights Options page shows up and select the tab Night Mode
- And enable here the Night switch or the long-press feature to activate the night mode on the current web page
In addition, you can customize the website background, text, and hyperlink colors. So you can make it personal to your night theme style.
YouTube video tutorial
How to enable Night Mode on any websites
How to activate Night Mode with Double-Click
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.