Ecosia is a search engine based in Berlin, Germany. It donates 80% or more of its profits to nonprofit organizations that focus on reforestation. It considers itself a social business, is CO₂-negative and claims to support full financial transparency and protect the privacy of its users. That is created by Christian Kroll with a number of 15,000,000+ users. And is launched on December 7, 2009.
It rival and most competition search engine against Google Search. That is from the most big tech company Alphabet. That have also YouTube, Nest, and Waze.
And for each search, they will plant a tree such as in Burkina Faso, Africa. And many other environment. However, they still do not provide your an official Ecosia Dark Mode website version. But the Turn Off the Lights browser extension can solve this problem.
Activate Ecosia Dark Mode with the free browser extension
For regular desktop internet users, you can get also this Ecosia Night Mode version on your favorite web browser. That with the Night Mode option in the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension. Follow the steps here below on how to enable this free solution in your web browser:
- Download the Turn Off the Lights browser extension
- Click right on the gray lamp button and select Options in the menu item
- The Turn Off the Lights Options page shows up and select the tab Night Mode
- And enable here the Night switch or the long-press feature to activate the night mode on the current web page
In addition, you can customize the website background, text, and hyperlink colors. So you can make it personal to your night theme style.
Hope that answer one of your questions about the Ecosia Dark Mode:
- Activate dark mode for Ecosia desktop
- How do I make Ecosia Black?
- Is there a dark mode for Ecosia?
- How to enable dark mode for Ecosia?
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.