You want Google Chrome dark mode change back to normal? That is very easy to solve this problem. When you are using the Google Chrome web browser, and you are using the Dark Mode option (on Windows and Mac), then you can see a dark mode user interface. That from all the buttons in the web browser toolbar, but not the web page itself is all in a dark version. Here the helpful information on how you can get Google Chrome dark mode change back to normal.
1. Google Chrome dark mode change back to normal
For Windows users
If you are a Windows 10 users, then follow these instruction steps to get Google Chrome dark mode change back to normal interface:
- Open your Settings page, from the Start bar and then on the wrench icon
- Got now to Personalization
- Click on the left side panel on Colors
- And change the “Choose your default app mode” now from Dark to Light
For Mac users
Do you want to have a bright Google Chrome user interface on your Mac computer? Then follow the instruction steps here below to get this appearance:
- Open your System Preferences from the Apple dock menu
- A new window shows up and selects now the item General
- On the top change the Appearance from Dark or Auto to the first item Light
You possible installed a Dark Chrome theme, here on how to remove a theme from Chrome
If you installed a dark theme, then you can get back the default Chrome theme by following the steps here below in your Chrome web browser:
- Click the Chrome menu ⋮ on the browser toolbar
- In the menu click on the Settings item, and below the text Appearance you see the topic theme
- Click on the gray button Reset to default theme to get back your default Chrome theme
2. For darker or lighter web content on the website
If you want to convert the content of the website to your light or dark theme, then you can use the Turn Off the Lights browser extension. And enable the Night Mode feature. With a single click, you can convert the website to your personal and chosen theme.
- Go and download the Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension
- Open the Turn Off the Lights Options page, and select the tab Night Mode
- Enable the first checkbox if you want to see the Night switch, or the option to activate with a long deep press on the current web page
- Below this topic, you can choose the color you want to see for the web content. That from the background, text, and hyperlink color.
If you find it useful you can share the link on Facebook or share the link on Twitter. So your family, friends, or colleges can know about this handy free tool that gets Google chrome dark mode change back to normal interface.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.