Do you want to make everything dark in your web browser? With that one single click or tap on the gray lamp button, it dims your webpage and also your toolbar such as the File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, etc. menu item. (currently only available in Firefox because this web browser supports the browser.theme API)
Steps the activate this make everything dark feature
Follow the steps here below to activate this in the Turn Off the Lights Options page (for Firefox only):
- Open the add-ons page in your Firefox web browser
- Click on the tab Extensions
- Search for the extension name “Turn Off the Lights”, and click on the Preferences button
- You see it opens now the Turn Off the Lights Options page and click on the Advanced Options tab
- Scroll now until you see the topic bulb
- And enable the checkbox to dims the toolbars
Important note: This Turn Off the Lights Firefox extension feature works only in Firefox v55 or higher. And on this version, it can only dim the web page and the Firefox toolbar. This feature is not available in other web browsers such as Google Chrome, Opera and Microsoft Edge. Because there is no API to create this action.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.