It appears that you may have unwanted software on your computer which has made changes to your computer settings. When you try to uninstall a Chrome extension on the Chrome extensions page, you will see that his message “This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled” or “Installed by Enterprise Policy” or “Installed by Your Administrator” or “Managed by Your Organization“. So a Chrome policy is forced to keep this Chrome extension in your Chrome web browser.
Free Open-Source Software to remove the extensions installed by the administrator
Solution for Mac
Here are some steps that may help to resolve the issue:
- Download the Chrome Policy Remover for Mac
- Close all open Chrome windows
- Unzip the file you just downloaded
- Double click on “Chrome-Policy-Remover-for-Mac“
Than now restart Chrome and the issue should be resolved. If not, you may need to restart your Mac.
Solution for Windows
And this is the steps to resolve this issue that the Chrome extensions are installed by the administrator:
- Download the Chrome policy remover. If you see a message saying that the type of file can harm your computer, click Keep
- Right-click it and select Run as administrator
- Click Yes at the confirmation prompt and allow the process to complete
Therefore, you can remove and uninstall any installed Chrome extensions.
- Click the Chrome menu ⋮ on the browser toolbar
- Click on the menu item More Tools
- Select Extensions
- Click the trash can icon by the extension you’d like to completely remove
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove
Note: Useful one-click Chrome Policy Remover for Mac is created by Stefan Van Damme that is also the developer of the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension. As a result, it helps you get the best web experience in your Chrome web browser.
Do you found technical, factual and grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.