The Turn Off the Lights is a popular browser extension, and it’s possible that your language is not translated. But you can help us today!
How To Get Started?
To translate direct this project, open this Translation Club page. On that page you see a big blue button to start translating the Turn Off the Lights project. Most noteworthy before you can enter this page, you need a Crowdin account and you automatically agreed with translation rules below this paragraph.
What is this Crowdin website? It is a great online tool to manage all our translations. And it’s very easy to manage, edit online on all kind of types mobile platform or on your personal computer.
Rules about the translation
To get a good quality of the translation and to get it uniform in all languages. First of all, you must follow the rules here below:
- The trademark “Turn Off the Lights” may not be translated to other languages. (*Only Chinese translators may translate this text)
- The first letters of the trademark must be all in capital, and not the mid word “the”.
- You are free to translate, improve and provide suggestions to improve this string in the comment sidebar. There is no compensation per translated word.
- If the HTML syntax the same as in the original English string. Don’t remove the <a href attribute.
Example: <a href=”https://www.google.com”>Google Official Company website</a>
- If you see an URL in text, don’t translate (the words inside) or change the link.
- Furthermore don’t translate the web browser name in your own local language. Also do not edit this trademark name. Example for the web browsers: Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Yandex web browser and Microsoft Edge.
- Finally do not spread hate or threat to other Crowdin users. If we see this in our Turn Off the Lights project, we will take the necessary steps.
One last thing. Thank you so much for contributing and we really appreciate it!
Finally on each +/-2,5 week there is an update for all the Turn Off the Lights software platforms. The users of this software will get the latest translations update.
Will I be payed for on special rate?
Turn Off the Lights is a free open source project and you are free to translate and improve this translation strings in your own local language.
Can I be a proofreader for this project?
Yes, you can be a proofreader. So if you translate a lots and help other translators around the world in this project and you are one of the person that can improve this translation community. Also contact us by using in the support form on this website.
I translate Turn Off the Lights, can I now be in the credits?
Yes the list is available on this page and if you can’t find your name. So just ping us, and we will update this web page.
Can I get a Certificate of Appreciation for my translation work?
Yes, you can get a Certificate translation participation in the Turn Off the Lights project. So this depends of your performance, feedback and discussion in this project. Then you get as a result the digital certificate (if you are at least an active member for 6 months), contact the team by using the support form.