Are you looking for the best Chrome brightness extension, that can easily adjust the web page brightness? Do not look further as since 2009 is the Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension the #1 and most popular screen dimmer with more than 2 million users. And Turn Off the Lights is a free and Open-Source browser extension.
When you open a website such as the Google Search website. You will see this bright light shining on your face. And watching too much on the white page can give your headache and migraine.
Chrome browser Brightness Settings
Now when you dim the screen with a single tap on the lamp button. You get something like this. The browser extension adds a dark translucent layer on top of the current web page. So you still see the content such as the image logo, and text. That makes it now very healthy and comfortable for your eyes. Turn Off the Lights is of one the Best Chrome brightness extension. Because it is built with simplicity in mind.
Double Click Menu
There is also an easy and fast way to control live the current dark layer opacity. When you dim the web page, you can change live the brightness with the double click menu. Follow these steps:
- When the Turn Off the Lights Chrome extension is installed in your Chrome web browser, you will a gray lamp button visible in your toolbar. However, it is also possible that the lamp button is in your puzzle icon menu that depending on the Chromium web browser you are using
- With a single click on the gray lamp button, it will dim the web page
- And with a double click on the gray lamp button, it opens the mini settings panel, so you can adjust the brightness of this dark layer
The solution to getting the best Chrome brightness extension in Google Chrome
Turn Off the Lights browser extension is available for all web browsers that include Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Maxthon, Yandex, Vivaldi, Brave, and Microsoft Edge. And the browser extension is free for all web browsers. You can get it by following these easy steps:
- Open the Turn Off the Lights Official website
- Click on the big blue download button to download the best Chrome extension to dim any website
- When the installation is completed, you can read and watch the welcome guide about the other amazing feature you can enable in the Options
- Open now any website, and with a single click on the gray lamp button, it will dim the web page. And if there is a video available on the page it will bring this on top of the dark layer.
YouTube Video Tutorial
We hope that answers one of your questions about the brightness extension in Google Chrome:
- Activate brightness for the desktop website
- How do I reduce the brightness in the Chrome web browser?
- Is there a Chrome brightness extension on any websites?
- How to enable the best Chrome brightness extension on Google Chrome?
- How to make Google Chrome dimmer?
- The steps on how you can enable the Chrome browser brightness settings
If you find it useful to get your best Chrome extension to dim any websites then you can share the link on Facebook or share the link on Twitter. So your family, friends, or colleagues can know about this handy free tool.
Did you find technical, factual or grammatical errors on the Turn Off the Lights website?
You can report a technical problem using the Turn Off the Lights online technical error feedback form.