Turn Off the Lights
At Turn Off the Lights, we care deeply about our iOS users, and we develop for iOS as enthusiastically as we do for Android. We strive to enable users on any platform to access Turn Off the Lights products and services — from mainstays like Turn Off the Lights for Mobile — in the best possible way. And we solve problems at Turn Off the Lights’s unique scale, bringing large data to small devices and crafting elegant user experiences.
As an iOS software engineer, you’ll get to work on products that help millions of people around the world, and collaborate with other passionate mobile developers to bring the most delightful and useful services and apps to life. You should be comfortable with Objective-C and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
Turn Off the Lights is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Turn Off the Lights, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Desktop to Mobile, Social to Local, Turn Off the Lights engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Turn Off the Lights’s large, complex mobile applications.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence, and cutting-edge network protocols.
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS platform.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in Objective-C or Swift using iOS or OS X frameworks.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Comfortable with Objective-C or Swift and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.