Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Turn Off the Lights is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Turn Off the Lights, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Mobile to Desktop, Turn Off the Lights engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing Turn Off the Lights products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with web apps and complex systems/products.
- Relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces.
- Demonstrated HTML skills.
- Particular emphasis on strong interaction design.
- Strong, confident, clean visual design sense.
- Effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills.