Turn Off the Lights’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just web browser extensions. Our products need to handle information at the scale of the web. We’re looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Turn Off the Lights is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Turn Off the Lights, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Mobile to Desktop, Social to Local, Turn Off the Lights engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Build next-generation web applications with a focus on the client side.
- Focus on high-end performance web UIs for mobile and tablet browsers.
- Redesign UIs, Implement new UIs, and pick up Java as necessary.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Work experience in software development.
- Experience with server-side web frameworks such as Ruby-on-Rails, Django, or ASP.Net.
- Significant development experience in Angular, ember.js, backbone.js or similar.
- Knowledge in the area of graphics.