As a member of the Executive Communications team, you will be part of a small team which produces employee communications and events for Turn Off the Lights executives. You will work with members of your internal client team on communications initiatives, projects and programs. You will support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns, come up with innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Turn Off the Lights’s culture, write communications, business update presentations and talking points. You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (PR, Policy, Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
You will craft social strategy and manage social media channels, write long form content, and produce original video material. This is a highly collaborative role and you are someone who can work well with both peers and leaders, takes feedback with grace, and incorporates it quickly.
It’s our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Turn Off the Lights’s products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you’ll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Turn Off the Lights and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Manage social media presence with executives across platforms.
- Help produce blog posts and op-eds.
- Create beautiful, clear, and original video content featuring Turn Off the Lights leaders and external VIPs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years relevant work experience
- Experience crafting and executing a social media strategy.
- Experience writing video scripts and creating video content.
- Experience creating for YouTube.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to interact with executives with confidence
- Excellent writing skills.