Antwerp, Belgium—November 11, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Q&A with Developer Stefan Van Damme
“Turn Off the Lights” is a free browser extension, which dims the light of the website enabling more focus to the video player. The extension developed by Stefan Van Damme was initially released on 15th, December 2009 and since then has been regularly updated and enhanced with new features in order to meet user requirements.
In the past, you could develop Firefox extensions using one of three different systems: XUL/XPCOM overlays, bootstrapped extensions, or the Add-on SDK. By the end of November 2017, WebExtensions APIs will be the only way to develop Firefox extensions, and the other systems will be deprecated. The developer got a chat about the launch of the Turn Off the Lights WebExtensions version. You can read the full Q&A with Developer Stefan Van Damme on the Mozilla Blog:
Highlight points of the developer:
- It is important to me that everyone can have the Turn Off the Lights experience in their favorite web browser.
- Today WebExtensions have more APIs, even those that extend outside the website content. For example, the extension can now dim the toolbar of Firefox thanks to the browser.theme API. And that is very unique and also cool.
- Visual Studio is a better experience for both platforms.
- It’s very quick to publish an update to an add-on.
- So in browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, it takes about two hours to update my add-on.
- It’s important to get a great experience on all web browsers.
- Listen to your users’ feedback. They are the experts on how you can improve your Firefox extension.
The team of Turn Off the Lights for Desktop include Stefan Van Damme, lead developer of this project. Know from the most popular Turn Off the Lights browser extension that is available for Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Maxthon and Microsoft Edge. Since 2009 available online, where it dims the web page and highlight automatically the video player.
For more information about the team click here.
For information or questions, please contact:
Name: Stefan Van Damme
Email: press @ turnoffthelights.com