Yes, the Turn Off the Lights browser extension does not block the adblocker browser extension. You will always have the full version of Turn Off the Lights. That makes your online video experience comfortable and enjoyable.
The Turn Off the Lights browser extension support all the modern web browser. And that include the today browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon, Vivaldi, Brave, Chromium, and Yandex browser.
Yes, you can donate with the Bitcoin cryptocurrency. And this is the official Turn Off the Lights bitcoin address:
Yes, you can donate us on the official Turn Off the Lights Donation page. And we support also payments that are coming from credit card, Discovery, and America Express. If you want to donate to us you can go to this donation web page:
What does not work? The lights do not go on or off. Or I do not see the gray lamp button. Or you can not open the Options page. These descriptions are better to understand your issue.
Try the basic steps here below that can solve this issue.
1. Restart the web browser
2. Remove your cookies and cache files
3. Disable the other browser extensions you have installed except Turn Off the Lights
4. Reinstall the Turn Off the Lights Browser extension
Also, make sure you use the latest version Turn Off the Lights browser extension in your web browser. You can easily test this, with uninstall the extension and install it directly from the original add-on website (Chrome Web Store, Firefox extension, Opera extension, Microsoft Edge on the Microsoft Store or on the official Turn Off the Lights website).
The Turn Off the Lights browser extension first version went online on 15 December 2009. It is one of the very first and unique Chrome extension in the extension gallery or now better known as the Chrome Web Store.
Turn Off the Lights helps everyone who doesn’t want to be disturbed by the content around the video player such as on YouTube. Focus the video. Think of it as Video lovers meet a dark environment to protect their eyes.
There are 3 platforms where you can enjoy this experience:
- Desktop (Windows and Mac)
- Mobile (iOS and Android)
The Turn Off the Lights browser extension works only when you click on the gray lamp button. However, in the Turn Off the Lights Options page, you can enable the feature to automatically dims the current web page.
- Open the Turn Off the Lights options page, by clicking right on the gray lamp button. And select the menu item Options
- Click on the 3rd Advanced Options tab
- Scroll down until you see the topic Eye Protection. And enable the 2nd radio button with the following text description:
“to dims the web page automatically when you open a new tab or click on a link“
- Restart now your web browser
And if you want to keep the layer always active when you click on the page, enable the following feature in the Options page:
- Open the tab Advanced Options tab
- Scroll to the topic Bulb
- And enable the radio button Enable clicking hyperlinks when the screen is darkened